CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 21, 2004

A Touch of Reality

Since I have not been able to move forward with my task of getting the "anomaly" closer within my grasp, my attention is diverted to a distant place. A place where my fantasies fade like the forgotten writings of old. It is during my unfortunate state I was able to find an honest woman who took me to a place where I do not have to dream and imagine.

Eventhough I had just spent my first date with her, I felt that I could not ask for anything more. She was sweet, understanding and as carefree as I am. I could clearly see in her eyes that I need not to pretend to be another person, but to be me and only me. She stares with such intent that I dont have to ask her what she wants or needs but rather feel more and think less. A task not so easily accomplished by one such as me who have used my intellect as a way of life, a way of figuring out things. It was a touch of reality that confused me as to how to go from here. The "anomaly" has indeed taken a hold of my emotions, there isn't a day I dont think of her. On the other hand, this new person is not as perfect as she is but is more realistic and more attainable. It is with this that draws me to this new person. She is someone I could really start a realtionship with.

I could only hope that I won't make any decisions that would be based on convenience and difficulty. The last thing I need is an empty relationship based on politeness. Through it all, it would be an awakening of sorts for me. Another lesson learned.

1 comments:

Lynx said...

Hmmm...somehow I seem to nod with agreemennt, there's a kernel of truth of what you say. Sadly, I feel that I am also plagued by such "anomaly" I had given my heart to someone, its been a year now and still I could not let go...part of me would like to move on, give a chance to some of my suitors - but I believe it would just be plain courtesy if ever I do continue seeing them.