CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Memories Part 1: A Winter Valentine

Just to give you guys a brief look at my relationship background, I'm going to write a series of stories from the past that had me who I am today.

It was in college when love showed itself for the first time. It was a rainy day at UST and I had just finished playing Starcraft to let the rain pass. She was standing alone in the rain waiting for someone, something. I curiously approached her to inquire what she was waiting for, classes were over 2 hours ago. She was my classmate...

"I'm waiting for my ride home.", she said with a smile on her face. I was trying to remember her name, hope I had the right one in mind. "Would you mind if I waited with you, snow...". There it was, 2 people seeking shelter from the rain had started talking to each other for the first time....

Time passes so quickly. Everyday I would see her waiting for her ride home, her eyes closes in fear as lightning strikes the earth. The way she laughs and smiles begins to haunt my dreams and suddenly.... I could not call it a day without talking to her.....

One day I found the courage to finally tell her how I feel. To finally let go and let fate decide. The feeling was not as mutual as I'd hoped it to be. She just wants me as a friend, nothing more. I dismissed my feelings, thinking I did not have the right to even ask. And so, 2 years passed by like a breeze from the sea....

It was the last year in school. Despite my efforts to ignore her, the constant ache in my heart would not let me rest. I've decided to show her how much I feel, the only way I knew how. I woke up 2am valentines day to get the best flowers there is as a way of saying: "I still think of you." I got 3 dozens, a dozen white, a dozen pink and a dozen red. White roses, when given to a person, means "I respect you.". I gave it to her on our first class. Pink roses would mean "I admire you.". I gave it to her on our second class. Red roses, well, I think you know already. I gave it to her on our last period. Didn't get the response I was hoping for. She even tried giving it away to some of her friends. I went home, broken, both in spirit and in my wallet. I felt cold and tired, I went to sleep...

I woke up the next day with her apologizing. I was stronger, and warmer. That was the coldest Valentine ever....

1 comments:

Lynx said...

sniff sniff sniff...Angeljons that was truly heart-wrenching, God! You spent mondo bucks for her...You should've just given her a bouquet of gumamelas that would've cost less and far original than the usual roses hmpf. Nice one...Encore!!!