CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Another Season of Loneliness

'Tis another Yuletide season fast approaching. I can almost smell the streetchildren coming to let out a song in exchange for cash. A gesture I never learned to appreciate. Forgive me if I sound like Ebenezer Scrooge so early in September, but I couldn't help but notice the nights are getting colder and longer. I'm getting older in the next month, people don't seem to notice as usual. Suits me just fine, I cant stand people greeting you to blandly ask for a free meal, I have none to spare, nor would I want to use my precious resources to feed some people who hardly knows me.

The past few years, I had less celebrations on the day I was born. Mostly 'coz I don't really care. I don't like the attention. Why should people treat you differently only because you were born on that day? If they really care, they would've treated you the same way all throughout the year! I dislike the fact that I'm reminded that I just got older with another year of being alone.

Last year, I thought it would all change. Didn't count on the fact that things don't really go the way you planned it. Must've been an oversight if not wishful thinking. The anomaly continue to haunt my dreams, she seems beautiful each day. Must be just me. As always, even if you can see the future, you cannot see past the next minute. Life is really unpredictable.

0 comments: