CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Journey Back to Dark Side

I had another encounter with the dark side just recently. What seemed like an innocent team bonding with a couple of officemates turned out to be a blast from the past. I found myself in the familiar dance floor at Ratzky. The music was just right and the dance floor called out to me like it once did before.

In life, all of us have to deal with our dark past and the things we gave up for the good of something. Kenshee Himura has his Battousai past and Beatrix Kiddo has her Black Mamba. I, on the other hand, had this other side of me I thought I had already banished. I must admit that when I was there, I couldn't fathom why I gave up all the partying for. Life is good and I'm young and single. "I should be out there grazing and stalking wild prey", I said to myself. Then again, the price I had to pay for all the hard partying back then made a painful backlash to my health and my financial standing. It takes a man to live dangerously and be on fortune's good humor but, it takes a better man to say "no" to the easy way out and do what is required of him.

Chuvaness once said that I look older for my age and that I act too seriously towards a lot of things. I replied and told her that maybe I just grew older earlier than most guys. When I think about all the money and time I've wasted during those partying years, I could never really forgive myself for not seeing clearly the path that I SHOULD take. I made promises to a lot of people I love and I intend to keep them. I've never broken a promise before and I'm not about to start now. I've hurt a lot of people this way, some of them are my closest friends. But in the end, if they are your friends, they will welcome you again with open arms. Be it your dark side or not. This is the path I chose. I hope you have already made yours, wisely.

0 comments: