CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 20, 2004

Unbecoming of a Gentleman

"Wow, you sound so cool!", she was almost too easy. "Steal her from her crappy boyfriend.", an earlier conversation. "Help her. You owe me!", the words came of a shock to me. I was to become that monster which I hated the most. And yet out of all this, it felt like I owe it to this wonderful woman that I should snatch her from her present state. She's a middle-aged woman in her late twenties. Tall, beautiful and surprisingly intelligent. She's bound to marriage soon and her soon-to-be husband is all but right for her (at least from the point of view of her friends). They have suspected him of cheating and all sorts of betrayal. "She doesn't deserve this.", the voice said again. "Do this one more time.....for me.", a sigh and a nod. I could only agree.


Here I was, setting out on a dark but sacred mission as well. I'm still contemplating on the fact that despite her unusual liking for me, she is contented with her life. "I'm not cut out for this...", I said to myself, "...not anymore."

I couldn't say no to this mission. I owed her a lot. If I could do this, I would have repaid all debts and finally I could say "A heart for a heart, my debt is repaid." Still, a guilty conscience I must carry, the "mark" is simply unaware of my intentions and the repercussions of what I'm about to do could ruin her perfect life. To even consider breaking up a relationship is unbecoming a gentleman and a jedi most of all. "Think of it, you're actually saving her from a huge mistake.", the voice said again.

With my eyes closed, I moved in and introduced myself. It has begun....

0 comments: