CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 06, 2004

My Word is Stronger than Oak

This statement is from a movie starring Tom Cruise. It denotes that a promise from me is stronger than any contract you can ever sign.

A couple of weeks ago, I had made a pact with my supervisor that I won't be absent if I could avoid it. This day, I am bound to attend an important family event. I chose not to go. In the eyes of my family, it is but another show of rebellion and neglect for the bloodlines. For me, it is a testimony of manhood.

The difference between a man and a boy boils down to one thing. A man is responsible for the things he does and says. A boy however, is not accountable for anything. Today, I chose to live up to my duties and my word at the cost of having a lot of eye brows raised at the family affair. I've never broken any promises, I'm not about to start now. Many people despise me for this trait, some admire me for it. My concern lies not with what people think of me, but what I think of myself. I could never look myself in the mirror if I know I could've done better. If the heroes of the past chose to be with their families at the hour need, the country would still be in slavery. Sacrifices are made for the good of everything. This small birthday party is just the beginning.

In the end, what makes man a man are the choices he makes. Not his past, not his rapport, but by the things he stand for.

1 comments:

Nick de Vera said...

Sabi mo violent reactions, di ba? Aherm... Ampanget mo! Ampanget ng sapatos mo! You suck! :p But seriously, cute blog, solid clor scheme.

Wow pare, kumpleto na ko sa blog, I have livejournal, xanga, now blogspot. Pero 'di naman ako nagpopost, I'm old-school, pen and paper journals.