CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Out of my Pockets and into Theirs

It would seem that our current government is on an all-out shopping spree with the entire nation as the financier.

While people on the street scavenge for food, they lavish away on a multi-million peso dinner claiming to have no knowledge of who paid the bill. Personally, that's the dumbest excuse you can give and I believe a slap in the face is in order to mentally jog his memory.

The parade of exotic cars in front of me reminds us how well we treat our congressmen.

The sea of broken roads and patches of asphalt a clear sign that I'm getting my taxes worth. Even then, I would be painfully reminded that this is all (apparently) from the Mayor's good graces. "Sagipin and Bayan" indeed.

Thieves raiding the country's treasury escape while actors parade the senate with their useless (and highly scripted) defense of a woman who clearly knew what she was doing and is now crying for justice. Why this actor became a senator is really beyond me. Further proof that idiots and mindless sheep still rule the country with their short sighted vote.

Convenient ailments seem to pop-up just when a conviction or a trial is at hand. Courts ruling in favor of old (hopefully dying) corrupt officials.

Honest tax paying seem to inspire me as I watch mall owners and matinee idols elude the long arms of the law (must be pathetic midget hands if you ask me).

People's total lack of respect for my job in the call center industry saying it corrupts the future of employment among new graduates. To you I say: Fuck you! We're the only future you have. In case you didn't notice, tax money comes from these life lines.

I keep hearing that change is on the horizon and yet I feel certain that this is just another phase of the lunar cycle and we'll be forever in the dark. I hope I'm wrong but I know I'm not. When the dust clears and greater bondage is upon us, I hope you've said your prayers. I hope your spirit doesn't break. In the end, your pocket and mine have been picked by the same hand. I pray that you be strong.

1 comments:

Lynx said...

28 bleepin years...and still I can't see any progress here...I'm going out! It's just pointless...