CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Funny Valentine

The waves, I remember them from my youth. It rushes quickly to greet the shores and retreats to the ocean just as quickly as it appeared. It doesn't wait for your contemplation, your remorse, your desires nor does it care for the passage of time. It takes away those who are careless enough to get caught in its tide and it brings to shore those who have drifted away. My life has been a series of waves, each new surge washes away the previous and I'm left with nothing.

I outgrew my temperate youth and saw the waves again. She is no longer the cruel mistress, a bandit of time. She has become my inevitable end, the whisperer of my fate. The things she has taken from me, I no longer require. The treasures she washed up on my shores, I keep close to my heart.

It has been a bad habit of mine to complain about my unfortunate state during the month of hearts. This month is different from the rest although I had spent it exactly the same from the previous years. I have been blessed. No matter how fast the waves come and go, it's the riches the waves leave behind that I look forward to the most.

My dear, you have been an inspiration to me. I love you. Thanks for everything.

0 comments: