CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Just an Ordinary Day

I woke up with the same glazed expression as I stare down at my cellphone checking the time. It's going to be an ordinary day. I stood up and outlined my thoughts for a smoother flow of action. I could do this in my sleep, it's the same as yesterday. Or so I thought.

In the middle of my shower, I ran out of shampoo. Ironically, I don't need a lot since I got my aerodynamic hairdo this month. Still, the plastic container failed to even yield a pinch amount. Crap. I said to myself.

I got out of the house at my usual time, I even had the luxury of watching a noon time show before I went out. Halfway down the road to my first pit stop, I realized I didn't bring an umbrella. Experience has taught me that every time I bring an umbrella, God finds it funny that it should be sunny all day. And when I don't, He sees it fit that I should be showered with the rain's blessing. It's too far to go back. Crap. I said to myself again.

I got to the LRT on time and I was going over my expenses. Having paid the bill and payday 10 days from now, everything is in order. As my stored value pass card went through the fare machine, it read a measly P10.00. It won't last another day and I have to buy another. From then on, I was P100.00 short of my budget. Crap. Its the third time today.

As I went down the LRT, I saw the elderly woman who regularly comes there to beg for some loose change. I gave her a few like I always do and felt good about myself. Bait mo, tsong! When I was boarding the bus, I realized I had given away the only loose change I had. Don't say crap. I said to myself. I was saved, there was a P20.00 stuck at the bottom of my wallet. You see, I told you, it'd work out well. A bus worker on strike asked for donations. Absentmindedly, I gave him my change. Crap. I had to see the annoyed look on the bus conductor's face as I handed him a P500.00 bill.

I finally got at the office and got my usual cup of brew from the vending machine. This would calm me down. I realized I haven't reviewed for the proficiency test yet. While my thoughts were dwelling on it... Natatapon and kape mo! Ryan's voice broke me out of my trance. The coffee spill missed my pants but landed on my shoe...the part where my skin was exposed. Crap. Its official, I'm having a bad day.

Proficiency exam. I was first to finish despite Kathy's claim that she finished first. I felt confident and sure of my answers. Someone whispered that we booked the flight in the wrong class. Minor set back. I was collected and confident. After the results went out, my flight was perfectly booked. My answers to the cheap questions were 50% wrong. Crap. There goes my ego.

The day is done, I'm on my way home. I stopped by a small kitchenette to buy siopao like I always do. After I got home, my order of 2 asado siopaos had a turn out of 1 bola-bola and 1 almost empty siopao.... Crap. I checked at the bottom of the plastic bag. No sauce. Double crap.

Just when you think your day is becoming too routine, it turns out to be one heck of an exciting day.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, pag iniwan mo sa ref... kahon ang matitira sa 'yo".-- Words of Wisdom from my Dad.